Grobag started the baby sleep bag revolution back in 2000 and are very proud to have changed the way that mums and dads put their babies to bed. Over 95% of parents in the UK now use baby sleep bags, making traditional top sheets and blankets a relic of the past.
Grobag has worked closely with the Foundation for the Study of Infant Deaths (FSID) for 10 years. FSID is the UK's cot death research charity which promotes safe sleep practices for babies.
Every Grobag Sleeping Bag comes with a free nursery room thermometer, which provides a guide on which tog or thickness of sleeping bag is suitable for your nursery.
Grobag go to extraordinary lengths to make sure Grobags are manufactured to the highest possible quality standards with the best premium fabrics. Grobags meet all the relevant safety standards and in fact the new British Standard was based on their original specifications.
Grobag has won Gold Awards for the best nursery product and 4 Mother and Baby Gold awards and 2 Practical Parenting Golds.
With over 3 million Grobags sold so far, you can rest assured you have chosen the UK's favourite baby sleep bag.
What Is A Grobag Sleeping Bag?
A Grobag Sleeping Bag (or Baby Sleeping Bag) is a “wearable blanket” designed for babies to be used instead of traditional blankets and sheets. Grobags have a neck opening and armholes and are therefore “worn” by the baby to help the baby stay at the right temperature through the night without the problem of traditional blankets and sheets being kicked off or getting tangled up.
Why Should I Use A Grobag Sleeping Bag:
- They stop babies kicking off their covers, getting cold and waking themselves and everyone else up
- They can’t be kicked over your baby’s head or get tangled up
- They keep babies at a comfortable temperature all night long
- Your baby can wake up, move around his cot, and fall back to sleep all on his own without you having to tuck them back in
- They become a great part of the bedtime routine, and will help your baby feel familiar, secure and confident and understand when its time for bed, even when away from home
- They can help the transition from Moses basket to cot by being the familiar “comforter” in both
- They may delay the age at which your baby rolls over onto his tummy
- They may delay the age at which your baby is able to climb out of his cot.
- Grobag 3.5 tog - A Winter Sleeping Bag for cold room temperatures of 12-15°C (54-59°F)
- Grobag 2.5 tog - Ideal for standard nursery temperatures of 16-20°C (61-69°F)
- Grobag 1.0 tog - Use during warmer weather and in nurseries of 20-24°C (69-73°F)
- Grobag 0.5 tog - For hot weather and very warm nursery environments over 24-27°C (73-80°F)
- Grobag Size 0-6 months - Min Child Weight: 8.8lbs/4kgs - Max Child Length: 68cm / 27" - Grobag Length:76cm
- Grobag Size 6-18 months - Min Child Weight: 18lbs/8kgs - Max Child Length: 86cm / 34" - Grobag Length:95cm
- Grobag Size 18-36 months - Min Child Weight:24lbs/11.5kgs - Max Child Length: 98cm / 39" - Grobag Length:110cm
What to Wear Under the Grobag:
What your baby wears will depend on the tog of Grobag Sleeping Bag and the temperature of your baby's nursery.
As a guide, please refer to the table below. Please remember, though, that babies are all different and, just as with blankets and sheets, you will soon discover what your baby is most comfortable wearing. Placing your fingers on your baby’s chest is the best indicator of whether they are too hot/too cold/just right as babies’ hands often feel cool.
For further information on Grobag Sleeping Bags please take the time to watch our videos below:
Grobag Video: Safe Sleep